Monday 19 December 2011

mp3 Secrets

I realized today that my mp3 can tell a tale on my life. Most days I walk with my mp3 player because I LOVE music and it keeps me pumped for my walk. I also like variety so I keep the mp3 player set to “shuffle” so it can play songs randomly from the different albums and genres on it. The majority of my songs are gospel so I can go for an entire 30-60 minute walk and only hear gospel songs. However, there are other genres on my mp3 player. In addition to gospel, I have hip hop, reggae, soca, and Bahamian. These songs typically put an extra pep in my step because the beat and lyrics are so catchy. Sometimes I skip them because I’m not in the frame of mind to hear secular music and I need only soul inspiring music. And then there are times that I enjoy the switch and move to the rhythms and allow myself to be taken away to another place. Today was such a day.

If anyone observed me on my walk, I probably seemed rather sporadic. I would clip my fingers, bop, and bellow out secular lyrics, then raise my hands and loudly sing praises to God, then walk and whine. By the time as I arrived back at my starting point, I had a dance session on the driveway to the soca song that was playing. I just had to get it all out and it was such fun!

When I was done dancing I imagined the thoughts that may run through the minds of some people if they saw me or knew the mixture of music I listen to. Of course my mind went a step further and I wondered what people would think if they not only had access to my mp3 player, but also to my mind. Lord knows I have some far out thoughts at times. And, like with my mp3 player, sometimes I skip over these thoughts and they have little to no impact on my actions. Other times, I allow the thoughts to fester and eventually they become actions. They aren’t always good actions and sometimes I have to seek my Father’s forgiveness. Fortunately, He knows enough to not be surprised by my thoughts or actions and He loves me enough to forgive me and allow me to enjoy fellowship with Him in spite of my actions.


Message of this story: there is more to people than what we see and no one action represents a person in his or her totality. Take what people offer you of themselves and if you are fortunate to see multi facets of an individual, consider it an honour, not an opportunity for judgement...thatisall.

2 comments:

  1. If your blog had a thumbs up sign, i would thumbs up this post. Some of the stuff u write, esp this one, would be great in a lil devo book..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to have seen you dancing to the Calypso music. I am sure it would have been delightfully entertaining; a sure different contrast to the norm.

    So you taking this talking thing seriously aye. It takes new meaning of the phrase "walking with the lord."

    ReplyDelete