Wednesday 4 April 2012

Where is Real Love?

God offers real love
But  I turn my back on His love
And run after cheap imitations.
God loves me unconditionally
But I keep trying
To earn love from humans.
God is 100% available with a pure love,
Yet I settle for half love, some love,
And even no love with just a whole lot of lust.
If only I could truly grasp what REAL love is,
The kind that’s wrapped in God,
Maybe I would be able to
Recognize it in man, and let it in.
Truth be told,
Love scares me.
It seems so illusive, so impossible.
I want it, but I don’t know
If I can really trust it or handle it.
So I run and hide from it.
Lord, help me decipher the real from the fake.
April baby that I am, I am a diamond girl.
I want diamond love, not the cubic zirconium kind.



Where is real love in human form?
Get thee behind me
You emotionally, physically, and legally unavailable.
You look good, smell good,
And sure feel a whole lotta good.
But you ain’t good enough for me.
I want more. I want all.
I’m tired of settling.
Nothing but the best will do.
I deserve it. I want it. I’m gonna get it.
Real love, wherever thou art, I am here.
I’m waiting for you. Come hither, find me,
Pursue me, walk this road with me.
WAIT! Let me say this final piece.
If you ain’t willing to strive to love me like Jesus does,
I’m pretty sure you ain’t the one for me.
So keep stepping and leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment