Wednesday 21 May 2014

Waiting

What do you do when you are waiting on God to answer a prayer request that seems so important and so "now" yet His answer is slow in coming? Do you doubt, lose hope, think He has forgotten you or doesn't love you? Do you believe that He is punishing you for something you did or didn't do?

Here are some things I have learned to do:

1) Continue to pray...and ask God to show me what He wants me to learn, do, or change as I wait (Psalm 139:23-24)


2) Read His Word, the Bible, for reminders to be strong, encouraged, hopeful, patient, and trusting (Joshua 1:7-9)


3) Tap into the Truth hidden in my heart and remember that He loves me and has a good plan for my life. (Jeremiah 29:11)

3) Be busy about the things I already know He wants me to do like spreading His love to the people around me, and doing my job to His honor and glory. (Galatians 6:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment